Healthline Provides Health Content and Technology for Microsoft’s Bing Health & Fitness App for Windows 8.1
San Francisco, California – February 4, 2014 – Healthline announced today that Microsoft’s Bing Health & Fitness app, available as a default app in Windows 8.1, incorporates Healthline’s taxonomy, health reference library, and visual assets as core components of its offering. Healthline partner, Visual Health Solutions, brings 3-D imaging to the project and is a co-developer of Healthline BodyMaps, which served as a source of inspiration to the Bing Health & Fitness app development team.
“We are thrilled with how the Bing team embedded our technology, data, and original health content into the app in such a visually stunning and engaging way,” said Murray Brozinsky, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Business Development at Healthline. “The new Bing Health & Fitness app is a wonderful example of how developers of innovative health applications and solutions are utilizing the Healthline platform.”
In addition to technology and content for the Bing Health & Fitness app in English, Healthline is also providing content from its HealthReference Library in 13 different languages to meet the needs of Windows 8.1 customers around the world.
“We are very pleased to be using Healthline’s platform as part of Bing’s Health & Fitness app,” said Khushboo Taneja, principal group program manager, App Media and Publishing Group at Microsoft. “Bing’s Health & Fitness app for Windows 8.1 offers a broad array of health and wellness content to its customers, from a visual symptom checker to anatomy exploration via 3-D body maps to engaging articles, videos and trackers. Healthline is a respected provider of both health technology and content, and their platform has helped us build a world-class app for Windows 8.1 customers around the globe.”
The Bing Health & Fitness app for Windows 8.1 is the one-stop spot for people interested in living a healthier life, combining more than 1,000 exercise and workout videos, a nutritional and medical reference, and trackers for diet, exercise and health to help individuals meet their wellness goals.
“Healthline is honored to have been selected to support the development of the Bing Health & Fitness app for Windows 8.1,” said Healthline CEO Dean Stephens. “Because it’s both interactive and informative, the Health & Fitness app delivers a really useful and engaging experience.”
The Bing Health & Fitness app includes the following features:
- Medical features, provided by Healthline. Features include the following:
- Anatomy exploration via 3-D body maps
- Visual symptom checker
- Information about conditions, drugs and procedures with relevant news
- Interactive multimedia. The app boasts more than 1,000 exercise and workout videos, touch-based interactive maps of the human body, and intuitive reports from built-in trackers.
- Fitness. Features include the following:
- More than 1,000 exercises and workouts with five-camera videos, voice-overs and text, including strength, flexibility, balance, stamina, yoga and Pilates exercises
- Discoverable by body part or objective and with filtering by exercise type, equipment, difficulty and duration
- Nutrition. The app features nutritional values of more than 330,000 foods with the ability to compare foods. In addition to providing nutrition information, the app also shows exercise equivalencies. For example, it might take 10 minutes of jogging or 19 minutes of walking to burn off the calories in a cookie.
- Content. In addition to Healthline-powered features and content, other providers include AMI, Gold Standard (by Healthline partner Elsevier), FatSecret, Harvard Health Publications, EatingWell and Cengage Learning.
More information on Windows 8.1 is available at http://windows.microsoft.com.
San Francisco-based Healthline is a leading provider of intelligent health information and technology solutions, enabling providers and everyday people to make more confident, informed healthcare decisions. The company’s proprietary health taxonomy platform powers a suite of marketing, health search, data and text-mining, and content solutions for global enterprises and advertisers. Healthline is a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company for the last four years. For more company information, visit corp.healthline.com.